Brussels sprouts are an acquired taste for some, but my family loves them! I finish them with pomegranate seeds and a little balsamic vinegar to jazz them up for Christmas when I serve them with prime rib. Roast your Brussels sprouts (and everything else) on a sheet pan covered with foil to make clean-up super easy. I like almost all vegetables roasted, where were they when I was growing up?
Yield: 4 adults
Good Life Wife Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 bag Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim Brussels sprouts, removing loose leaves and cut in half.
- Place on a sheet pan and toss sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes or until outer leaves are a bit brown and crispy.
- For a festive twist, add pomegranate seeds and cooked, chopped bacon after cooking. Finish with a little balsamic vinegar. This dish can be roasted at a lower temperature if you need to share space in the oven. It will just take a bit longer.