What a delicious salad! With crisp pears, creamy Gorgonzola cheese and crunchy walnuts, it’s sure to please. You can serve this salad tossed any time, but I like to arrange it on individual plates for Christmas to serve with our prime rib. It looks so pretty on the table with it’s red pears. Update: this recipe call for Romaine lettuce which you may not want to use right now. Substitute another, safer, lettuce.
P.S. I can’t say I’m surprised that salad kills. A cupcake would never pull this shit.
Yield: 4 adults
Good Life Wife Pear & Gorgonzola Salad
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce
- 1 Ripe pear, cored and sliced
- 2 oz. Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 handful Walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place lettuce in a salad bowl. Top with sliced pear, Gorgonzola and walnuts. Drizzle with Champagne Vinaigrette.
For Champagne vinaigrette
- Add all ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake well.