Are you in the market for an easy, delicious week night meal? Well, here you go! This Lemon Chicken Florentine is fabulous! Fun fact: spinach is what makes a dish, “Florentine.” It’s on my Hey, Hot Stuff, What’s Cookin’? menu plan at least a couple of times a month. If you need an amazing menu plan to keep you on track, click here.
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced into cutlets
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 tspn lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tspn granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 big handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, salt, lemon pepper seasoning and granulated garlic in a shallow dish. Mix well.
- Dredge chicken cutlets in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Brown cutlets in batches, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place browned cutlets on a wire rack put in a sheet pan and finish in the oven while you make the sauce.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet, being careful to keep all of the yummy brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Sauté spinach until wilted. Add garlic and cook for about a minute. Add cream, parmesan, lemon juice and zest and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove chicken from the oven. Serve on cooked pasta and top with sauce.